Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hey, y'all. It's gettin' a little crazy up in here.

I prayed today. I prayed today like I haven't prayed in a veeerrrry long time.

...and it. was. Good.

Praise God that I was raised a Protestant, because callin' out yo' shit to God is OK.

Praise God that I'm living in Orthodoxy right now, because if I get lost in my own ramble, wandering wishes, selfish desires... those written prayers pull me back in. Like lines to a play. I ain't getting lost in life with people like John Chrysostom (or however you spell his name) pullin' me back to Center.

Praise God for the Deep moments in this life, where tension doesn't get resolved because it CAN'T be resolved till heaven.

Give me Peace, Lord. You know I need it. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. the title of this post actually made me laugh out loud.

    also, this line: "Praise God that I was raised a Protestant, because callin' out yo' shit to God is OK."

    hahaha. love it.

    ReplyDelete