Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cinematic (scroll slowly, if you please)

(sound of sea gulls and waves breaking)









(movie voice)
...There is an island...








...Where men are taken...
(sound of iron door closing)









...And forgotten...









(Montage of prison scenes... strong Prison Break associations)







(movie voice)
ALCATRAZ





Ok, ok. I've gotten myself way off track here. I started out with an impulse to mention that I'd recently been to Alcatraz, aka The Rock, and describe my little foray out there. (Not as an inmate...)

You just have to come up here and see it. I went about a month ago with my mom, Cory, Cora, and Daniel Ian; what a trip. There is a spectacular audio tour and it's loads of fun to ride the ferry out there. Just being on a boat is somehow freeing... even if you are headed for a prison. And yes, without question it helps if you're a fan of the series Prison Break.

Furthermore, Cory Schoolland was hard at work taking photos; all these images come from his lens, his imaginative capture. (He's got downloads for sale on his website for 50 cents a shot if you're into "supporting the arts." I know he'd appreciate a half-a-dollar nod to his talent.)

Until the next cinematic adventure...

3 comments:

  1. I want to go!!

    I've always wanted to visit Alcatraz...I've only been to San Francisco once in my life, and I wasn't able to go while I was there.

    So clearly...I need to make a trip to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for Ruth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwyJk_TfvqQ

    ReplyDelete