Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New RHII, First Pages

Anna Lieberman, Daniel Rufener, Chelsea Sleeth, Tyler Leivo, Christopher Martinez, Jesse Garcia, and Ian Redford in RHII, photo curtesy Cory Schoolland



I've changed the title, and gutted the first two pages.


I quickly realized I will have to make changes for practical reasons as much as I do for “theological” reasons. Since the original script was developed "on the fly," there was little time or reason to load the pages with meticulous stage direction. The original text reflects a great deal of bodily memory: unwritten stage action. For example, Abraham wandered around the stage, "symbolically" wandering the desert. Where the script seems pathetically sparse usually meant action filled the gaps. Jesus gathered the audience from outdoors and led audience members indoors, but you never could have known this from the original script. In the second version, I hope to be clear.


Given the constraints of this blog, I'll send you to my absurdly new "google site" page, where you can download the pdfs of the first pages and give me some feedback. Thanks for looking!


ORIGINAL PAGE 1


NEW PAGE 1-2

1 comment: