Monday, January 26, 2009

Keepin' You Posted

Weekend madness.

Saturday, Kate Paulsen came out of NOWHERE and landed in the Magic Theatre to watch my play. Her parents oh-so-generously bought a-slab-of-a Round Table pizza and we shared a wonderful little catch up session in the break before the show. Then my worlds collided:

Fourteen!! other Bay-area friends invaded the theatre to claim their comp tickets and see the first preview performance of "Tough Titty." I reconnected with Daniel Rufener, mastermind mathematician who just earlier that morning at a pancake breakfast was explaining to me the "potentiality of electron matter, otherwise known as light-matter waves, in quantum physics." (I'm probably misquoting him, but I assure you any mistakes in that last statement were mine and most certainly not his). A fleet of five Raphael Housers showed up, anchored by Bob Harrison himself. -The- Bob Harrison, maintenance warrior of the Raphael House, who I KNOW I have not sufficiently described in this blog. I was honored by Tim and Melissa's appearance. I was thrilled by Chelsea and Marian's attendance. [Now I must pause to say that while you, my dear friend/reader, have met Tim and Melissa in previous blogs, I have yet to introduce the not-quite-proud-to-be-Southern ladies that have volunteered at the Raphael House for the last three weeks. Chelsea and Marian came in on a school project, and left this morning with hopes to return. They proved to be quite the adventurous travelers, hopping from touristy locations to hipster locales, seeing almost every part of the city in the mere twenty something days they were here.] Ah, yes, Ms. Cora Rose with Seignor Schoolland. And.... Andy? Interesting. Red headed guy from Treasure Island. A casual friend of the Schoolland, I understand. Oh, yes, and the two Westmontees: Migs and Laurie. Who! by the way, brought me a wonderful, congratulatory, hanging plant. It will be a lovely addition to the Solarium Zen Garden. Many thanks, Ms. Nieson.

Apologies for the poor formatting of this last paragraph. I was just so excited to see so many people that I just couldn't contain myself. But I digress...

After the show I had a lovely meeting with Suzy. And her visiting fam. And then just Suzy. We talked long into the night about all manner of life's finer points.

Sunday: Church at Holy Trinity. I met a fascinating man - an ordained Reader - who had spent years of missionary service in Uganda training priests. His eyes were bright, and his words were straight-shooting. He suggested I read N.T. Wright's paper called New Perspectives on Paul. He said it was shaking up a bunch of evangelicals, and bouncing them toward Orthodoxy.

Then the play... again. Afterwards, a quick meal, tour of the Raphael House, and bus-stop goodbye with Suzy. Later that night a Raphael House ensemble travelled to Twin Peaks. (Whoa! What a view of the city!) A brilliant piece of Triple Berry Cheesecake at Sweet Inspirations, and our evening was complete. Our adventure was inspired by Clif, a chipper post-seminary guy who has a wonderfully sweet spirit.

No theatre today. So I took the whole day to press computer keys into words and squeeze thoughts into verbal submission. It was a full day of processing. Journaling is a good thing, I've decided.

I would appreciate your prayers in these days. I seem to have lost a good portion of my desire and/or ability to pray. This is not good. Your prayers on my behalf would be greatly appreciated.

Peaceful, thankful love to you, my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would have liked to see it. The title is intriguing enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think next time, our goodbye should be a little less rushed.
    just a thought.

    ReplyDelete