Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cookie Wisdom

Too long, I know.

I have just had a brilliant stretch of five days, brimming with life, Peace, and understanding; I am compelled to write, but distilling the essence of this weekend to a page will take a while. Patience, please. Suffice it to say, I am giving over, finally, all parts of myself to the all-knowing, ever-loving Creator. "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner," has become my soul's chant and my Center.

Yet...this particular entry is not for deep definition of life change. I have been collecting bits of wisdom to share with you for some time, and I intend to do it... here and now. These are my fortune cookie fortunes collected over the last three weeks because the Magic Theatre stocked the snack table with a massive bag of cookies. An odd snack I know, but at least now you get to enjoy it with me. (By the way, Tough Titty's up and running; here are a couple reviews: http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117939561.html?categoryid=33&cs=1 or http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/02/DD3I15I99A.DTL&hw=Tough+Titty&sn=001&sc=1000)

The fortunes:
The evening promises romantic interests.
You will inherit a large sum of money.
You will bring sunshine into someone's life.
You will soon be crossing great waters on a fun vacation.
Prepare for an exciting trip soon to come your way.
Need some adventure and enjoyment? Take a vacation.
You will soon meet a life long kindred spirit.
Your friends will soon give you a great surprise.
More art in your life at this time will help you feel better.
It is time to help a friend in need.
You will make many changes before settling down happily.
Now is the time to try something new.
Travelling to the east will bring you great rewards [sic].

About these I have two thoughts: they really want me to take a vacation, and how many Calories do these bits of wisdom represent??

More about my peace-filled time later. I hope not a lot later.

Until then, I will be reading, praying, thinking, processing, and fixing various things at Raphael House.

4 comments:

  1. what I want to know: how many of them have come true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a secret. shhhh, don't tell anyone, okay?
    in my room, on the top shelf of my coat closet that I rarely go into tucked behind some old school notebooks is a little purple box. I bough it a few years ago in Portland at the Portland Saturday Market. The top of the box says Pandora. Better than the other boxes that said cheesy things like Peace, Love, Happiness, etc. This box is filled to almost overflowing with fortunes I have collected over the years.
    and maybe now its time for me to go dig them out and read them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of fortune cookies...

    I had Chinese the other night, and at the end of the meal I cracked the cookie open to find something to the effect of "You will soon find employment with a generous salary". In the midst of being jobless and looking for work, it was rather timely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you blog again soon, Zak. I like your words :)

    ReplyDelete