Thursday, March 3, 2011

Searching for Vocation

I'm reading a book by Dan Miller called 48 Days to the Work You Love, because I'm actively searching for my vocation.

Here was a list of his job-seeker questions that I thought are appropriate for any Christian:
What was I born to do?
What would be my greatest contribution to others?
What do I really love to do (and when I'm doing it, time just flies by)?
What are the reoccurring themes I find myself drawn to?
How do I want to be remembered?

When Raphael House's Christian community disintegrated, it freed me from the constraints of "Facilities Management." I knew I wasn't a maintenance guy at heart, but was willing to 'put up with' my job in order to live in Christian community and provide for my wife. Now I'm stagehand-ing for income, and vision casting for vocation. Pray for me.

1 comment: